So this past Tuesday we celebrated Justin's 30th birthday. I was a little nervous because he said that he wanted to do something small with just our parents! Ugh!!!
I had invited a few of our friends along with our family to dinner to help celebrate this wonderful occasion (wink, wink). Well we arrived at the Crab House and when he noticed all the chairs he new that something was up. Once everyone arrived he was delighted to see Jonathan, Leesa and Tif (Thanks guys for being there!).
Earlier that morning I asked Justin how it felt being thirty. He said that he felt like he didn't get to do all that he had wanted to do in his twenty's. So the rest of the day I thought about that and then I started to come up with all of the different things that we had done. So this is what I came up with...
- First and foremost...we both graduated from college. I believe this to be a great accomplishment!
- We got MARRIED!! This was such an awesome day that will never be forgotten.
- We bought our first house
- We reconnected with some wonderful friends (Lindsay and Jeff)
- We went on many trips to Gatlinburg with the Stovalls spending money that we should not have done (but it was FUN doing it...thank you BOSE for giving us the iPOD)
- We were forced into meeting Lindsay and Jeff in New York (wink, wink) for a few days and had a BLAST!!
- Let's just say many WELVOLL WEEKENDS
- We sold and bought our second home
- We had our first child JACKSON (what a blessing!)
- We went on our first cruise with my family
- Got to experience and still experiencing a growing child that has so much to say and do that it wares you out!!
- We had our second child COOPER (a second blessing!)
- And all of the other wonderful things that have come our way
Now I know that we have also had some downers but when comparing them to everything above it's really not that bad.
As I told my mother-in-law the other day...GOD has not failed us yet. We are still here and moving forward. Thirty is just a number in my book. There are still so many wonderful things that I intend on doing. I am not ready to get out the cane just yet! I love my life and all of the wrench's that are thrown in it. Life is just too short...
Happy 30ish to all!!
Linds

0 comments:
Post a Comment